POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Assemble Partial Output : Re: Assemble Partial Output Server Time
3 May 2024 02:31:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Assemble Partial Output
From: Warp
Date: 22 Oct 2003 09:21:41
Message: <3f968465@news.povray.org>
Gilles Tran <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote:
> >   If you are a coder type you can make a small script or program which
> > actually joins the image parts.

> Frankly, it's easier to output as BMP and stitch the results together in a
> paint program (with the Windows version). The standard BMP output by POV-Ray
> is such a dumb format that I've yet to have a problem with a partial BMP
> file. Every paint utility I have opens it without any problem.

  You are probably right if you are going to do this only once and you
don't have too much programming experience. However, if you are going
to do this regularly then it might be worth the trouble writing a small
script which does it automatically...
  Actually I have made such script for myself, but since it's a Unix
shell-script I suppose it will be of little help to the original poster.